Girls Open Gym Tryouts 2018
NEW OPEN PRACTICE EXTENDED TRYOUTS
March 6th, Avonworth High School
March 8th, Avonworth Primary School
Cost: $30 Tryout Fee - Unless you attended original tryouts then March dates are included.
5th - 7th Grade Girls
8th - 11th Grade Girls
8:00 - 9:30 PM
All former and new players are expected to attend 2 of 3 open gyms. Should there be scheduling conflicts with your school team please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to submit your information and your payment.
You can use a credit card to process payment today!
Open gym tryouts are 1 hour 15 minutes. Our tryouts are run similar to clinics. We work with the girls on their skills, introduce them to new drills, and allow them to scrimmage to showcase their skills in game-like situations. We evaluate more than skills, we also evaluate their ability to learn from the coaches, their athleticism, perseverance, and determination. We believe that all girls, given the opportunity, can improve their skills and grow as players if they listen to their coaches, work hard, and practice their skills at home.
Joining our Teams
- The cost of joining our team is $600 if a uniform is needed and $500 if a uniform is not needed. If you have more than 1 child in the program you will have a $25 reduction per child. For more information on the cost breakdown, please feel free to contact us!
- Our coaches have been carefully selected--they are dedicated, enthusiastic, and experience. Our coaches are all current or former players. Providing a safe and positive learning environment is our number one priority.
Frequently Asked Questions
What about 4th Graders?
- They are welcome but we do not have a 4th grade team. If appropriate, 4th graders may play up on a 5th grade team.
- 10 minimum
- The teams will enter 6 tournaments. This will total to about 20 games. All games are Friday - Sunday, some tournaments you will play 3 games others you may play 5 games, it depends on the tournament. We try to stay local since the girls are young. We may travel as far east as Johnstown, as far south as Washington, PA, and as far north as Erie. All other games are within about 15 miles of the city of Pittsburgh.
- Typically 16 practices during the season. Typically 2 practices per week.
- The season begins in the beginning of March and ends by mid-June. We will not play over Easter.
- Avonworth School District